Is this you?
I work with high-potential senior executives, working for multinationals based in China, who struggle to get their point across and influence their key stakeholders. I help the executive gain respect by quickly and powerfully expressing their opinions – even when under pressure. Executives I work with recently have included: Presidents, CEOs, board directors, CFOs, general managers and partners. I specialise in helping senior finance executives and have developed targeted solutions to help these executives.
I help clients who face these scenarios. Are some of these statements true for you?
- I get nervous when I have to present to senior managers in meetings or conference calls
- My direct manager tells me I need to be more concise and get to the point when I am giving my weekly briefings
- In my last review, I was told that I need to improve my presentation skills before further promotion is considered
- I have been advised that I need to stop giving data-heavy technical presentations but I am not sure how to do that
- Although I am in a senior position, I feel that I am not regarded as a valued business partner
- I am frequently cut off by other managers and asked questions during my presentation
- I prefer to write a report and email it rather than pick up the telephone or arrange a face-to-face meeting with my superiors
- I need to prepare for high stakes client-facing presentations
- Since my promotion, I need to communicate more frequently with senior managers
- I have been asked to represent my company at public events and conferences
I don’t work with everyone. Engagements can only be successful with clients who are willing to be responsible for working towards their success as well. Clients will be most successful in working with me when you:
Are motivated with a driving ambition to improve
Have a clear goal or target
Take action and complete assignments
Are open to accept constructive feedback and take action on it
Are willing to try new methods
Don’t make excuses
Are proactive about asking for help
Are extremely competent in current role with strong technical skills and a good reputation for reliability and consistency
Desire to project strengths more clearly to senior management
Love to learn and want to have fun doing it
Because I focus on the essential skills of effective executive communication, I work across a diverse range of industries. This means that I bring a wider range of perspectives, insights and approaches to all my clients. I tend to focus on these industries:
- High technology
I also have experience with these industries: engineering, fast moving consumer goods, professional services (consulting, accounting, legal), logistics and global sourcing, environmental protection, publishing, automotive and government.
So what do I do now?
Now that you know the kind of clients we work with, the issues we help them resolve and what our clients need to do to ensure their success, click on this link to learn more about “How I Work.”